Well, Nico had a rather traumatic day today, so I decided it was best not to play dress up with him. That means no more photos today. He got a peripheral IV for his nutrition, which took trying in both arms and feet before succeeding. Then his UVC (iv in the umbilical stump) was removed. Next he was taken down to have his MRI done. I was very glad to be there with him to comfort him during all this discomfort. He was quite the trooper and the nurse commented on my ability to stay calm during all of this.
Today Nico gave Maya a Hello Kitty doll. She is very pleased with it. Tomorrow we will let her pick out a toy to take her brother. I think she is going to like being a big sister. She certainly likes being able to take charge. Hopefully Nico will be as easy going as his father and let her have her fun.
I am going to work on getting more than 4 hours of sleep tonight. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment