I know that we are called to testify to each other, as evidence of God’s faithfulness and His grace. I want to now. For everyone that is praying, I know without a doubt that your prayers are being heard and that God is providing for us. Philippians 4:19 says, “And my God will supply all of your needs, according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” And if you’ve ever heard the amplified or message version (or the Becky Riggle amplified version), this is expanded to say He will ABUNDANTLY supply all of our needs.
God has orchestrated things for us, placing people in our lives at the right moments to encourage us, to speak to us and to help us. The workers at Texas Children’s Hospital are amazing and there is no comparison for the level of care and compassion that he (and we) is receiving there. I’ve never before had a Dr. tell me to go eat and he would be waiting to talk to me when I got back.
We are still waiting for the MRI results, but we have been able to put aside fear and worry and find joy in the moments that we are having at the hospital and at home together. We see the progress that Nico has made in getting off medicines for blood pressure and seizures (which Texas Children's has seen no evidence of) and the ventilator. He has been able to digest the breast milk that he has been given thru his feeding tube and those amounts are being increased daily. He was given his first bottle last evening. In a few days, I will probably be able to try to nurse him for the first time.
Today Quinton, Maya and I went to BabiesRUs together. I was excited to shop for Nico because I was on bed rest for so long and didn’t get to do much to prepare for him to come home. My body is healing very well, as far as I am concerned. I am thankful, as I have been pushing myself a bit with all the walking and riding in cars I did this week. Quinton was able this morning to get a whole new wardrobe of pants, which he desperately needed and Maya was as happy and cooperative as you could ever expect any 2 ½ year old to be. She had fun picking out a couple small toys for her brother as well as a new Tinkerbell straw cup for herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment