A mind of her own

Maya and I went to Carter's store Tuesday afternoon to pick out a few clothes. I grabbed a cute pair of shorts off the wall and found a t-shirt that matched. I was trying to show Maya the outfit and my mouth almost dropped open at her response. She pointed to the shirt and said "No like it. It's not pretty." I thought "Oh no! We may end up with nothing if she decides to refuse what I pick out." Luckily for me the rest of the clothes I picked up were pretty enough for her. It was crazy for me that she has developed opinions of her own (on something besides food).... something Mommy will have to get used to.
Maya adjusted well to changing rooms at daycare. She has a lot of friends in there from when they were in her old room. She seems quite happy and comes home talking away. I am looking forward, with some apprehension, to the potty training process speeding up a lot now that she has one in the room at daycare. They have her sit on it whenever they change her diaper. She has been happy to sit on it again at home, although we've had no successful attempts this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment